Monday, April 18, 2011

Priorities and emotional ties.

So.. gearing up your priorities to sit down and write isn't the easiest thing in the world. I suppose this is why they tell you to just keep plunking the keys, write something anything, with any time you have. Between college work, family, and people I care about, time becomes a treasured thing I greedily snag up from myself between bouts of gloomy depression for lack of inspiration.
However, I am going to give myself a little pat on the back thus far from not completely losing the rest of my marbles. In exchange I have made a promise to myself to 'try harder'.
I guess you hit a certain age, and you realize that life didn't pan out the way you thought it would when you were a teenager, so you find yourself grasping for lifelines, hoping to understand the secret code behind your successes and lack there of.
Truth is, we're just dust specks on this planet with the distinct knowledge that the end is nigh. It is both depressing and wonderfully exciting. Get a career, find true love, make babies, or not, grow old with the love of your life, make many achievements, and die. A perfectly good, perfectly epic ideal life that most people wont live up to.
In the end all you have is now. You can dream for the future, but don't lose sight of that fact. Trials and tribulations streak their way through your life like the red in candy canes. You'll have good days, you'll have bad days. You'll meet people that will take you somewhere, and then you'll meet those that will hold you back and or break your heart. It is an experience, custom made for you.
Enjoy.

(The dreamer)

No comments:

Post a Comment